Sunday, April 29, 2007

Who doesn't love the pink(y) toe?

Here's what I did Saturday night:


Sandal weather means that we need hot-pink "tony nails," as S used to say!
We had a quiet, peaceful weekend--or at least the girls and I did; R chaperoned prom on Friday night and I'd hardly call that quiet or peaceful. We spent some time playing outside, pulled some weeds and killed some ants, and I finished four loads of laundry plus put away two loads from last weekend.
I brought back several good-looking books from today's library run; hopefully I'll have some time this week to read at least one. Three of them are travel guides to Washington DC--we finally booked our vacation! In past weeks I've brought home guides to Spain, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, and Costa Rica, but in the end we decided DC sounded best. Trying to plan the other trips we considered was so stressful it was starting to seem less like a vacation and more like work! R has never been to DC, and while it's not the exotic vacation I thought we'd take this year, we're both very excited. Now maybe I can stop visiting Expedia and Travelocity and get some real work done.
I'm actually going to be really busy this week; I'm part of a team being trained in a software application called Oracle that we're implementing in our company. I have to sit through training four days this week and another four days two weeks from now, and there'll be a good bit of work to do after that to get it up and running. I'm excited about it, as geeky as that sounds! It's always nice to have plenty to do. Now if I can just figure out a way to do laundry from the office, my job will be perfect . . .

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like ya'll had a good weekend. Love the toes. And DC will be fun. So much to see...

bg 6thyg hgjgty6 6y l6dgml6h66 666 6 6666 6 6666 6 6 6c ghuyftjhmgbghv
jnj TG4R rcv thhygnriu ntrx(from B)

Anonymous said...

That is great that you all will be going to DC! :-)

Good luck on the Oracle training, too.