Saturday, April 7, 2007

Their Goal: A Barren, Sterile Existence

A few nights ago during dinner, S asked me out of the clear blue, "Mommy, how do babies get out of their mommies' tummies?"

Gulp. I carefully explained the process, trying not to make it sound scary, and noting that "the doctor can give the mommy medicine if it hurts." (amen and hallelujah)

At the end of my explanation, S said, "I am NEVER having a baby!"

Okay, so maybe it sounds scary no matter how you put it.

The next day, H told me that she wasn't ever going to get married. I asked why, and she screwed up her face and said, "The kissy-kissy!" Ha!

So I guess I've screwed myself out of grandchildren, what with all my anatomically-correct explanations and PDA in front of the children. Is it too early to start telling them about adoption and sperm donations?

No comments: