Thursday, April 17, 2008

SEVEN!!!!

My sis-in-law Kim tagged me for this meme: 7 random things about myself. Here goes:

1. I am a huge Seinfeld fan. I know—you’re shocked.

2. I hate washing dishes by hand, and would rather load and unload the dishwasher twice in one day if it means I don’t have to hand-wash a single dish. Yes, I know that takes more time. I don’t care.

3. I recently started going to the gym on my lunch hour, and I always use the same elliptical machine so I can watch “Ellen” while I work out.

4. I love making to-do lists, and will write things down that I’ve already done just so I can cross them off. I also make grocery lists, Target lists, lists of things to pack on vacation, and when we lived in Florida I kept a list of things to take to the pool and the beach so I wouldn’t forget anything important, like towels.

5. I currently own 36 pairs of shoes. Still, I could really use a pair of black sandals. And a pair of brown sandals. Maybe some red flats.

6. The girls get impatient with me when I want to look at shoes.

7. I am thoroughly addicted to Special K "chocolatey drizzle" breakfast bars in . I eat at least two per day and would eat more, but that would just mean more time on the elliptical and “Ellen” only lasts an hour.

That was fun! Okay, I tag Karla, Daddy, Greg, DL and Erin. Go! And check back with me this weekend--we finally put real furniture in our living room and I have pictures.

4 comments:

~Erin said...

I can't wait to see your furniture, and of course I want to know where you got it!!

Greg Brooks said...

I never post on that blog anymore so I'll leave you a long comment.

1. I like the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding. If it's on TV I always watch.

2. I want my lawn to look fantastic, and I want nothing to do with whatever it takes to do it.

3. I dislike most fruits.

4. I would feel nervous if someone asked me to pronounce the word 'meme'.

5. I'm having trouble with this list. Seven things?

6. I haven't ever watched American Idol but I still know I don't like it. Same with Survivor.

7. I can help a couple overcome the searing pain of infidelity; I can guide someone out of addiction; I can walk with a widow through the valley of her grief; but I cannot make my 6 year old take a shower in less than 20 minutes. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Leigh said...

Greg, I always watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding too! And we have a lawn guy also! And Number One takes the second-longest showers ever, right after me!

Wow, we have so much in common. It's like we're related or something.

Leigh said...

Erin, did you know that Target has fantastic stuff online? And they ship it for free if you order enough of it?

Come by my house, and you can see much of their selection--the living room is like a Target showroom now.