Saturday, January 19, 2008

We have a deal: Arby's no more than once a month

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with myself today. I'm usually good about getting things organized for the week by Sunday night--I plan out all my clothes for the week, make sure laundry's done, and bag up snacks and cookies for lunches--because it makes the mornings go much smoother. But today I took it a step further and actually COOKED for the week! Well, maybe not full meals--I'm not a psycho--but I browned two pounds of ground beef, cooked and shredded a chicken, and made hamburger patties and meatballs, then stuck it all in the freezer. I've got a roast for tomorrow (planning leftovers for Monday) and went so far as to chop the carrots to put in the crockpot with the roast!

I enjoy cooking, but when I come home from work the last thing I want is to start a meal from scratch; it just feels completely overwhelming. We've been eating out more and more, and this past week was the worst. This may be the first and last time I ever do this cooking-ahead thing, but I'm hoping it helps during the week.

Unless, of course, I forget to set anything out to thaw. Then one of us will be making that 6:30 run to Chick-Fil-A once again . . .

No comments: