Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well, it's about time

What have we been doing around here? Let me share, with a little help from Special. She's been keeping notes on my phone, and they're too good to keep to myself.
On December 18 Special was in a Christmas program at school:


"I had a program in December 18 2008. It was called A place in the Chrismas Choir. I was an elf. And There was 5 dogs. I hade Fun." (Yes, she spelled "choir" correctly.) (Genius!)

The next day, we got a sprinkling of the winter white stuff, and here's what she wrote: "It snowed at Texas, it was so cool." (It was cool indeed, unless you were driving in it.)

A few days later we left to go see Pop and Baba for Christmas. It was a long, long drive, but completely worth it. Special had this to say: "We want to Tenasse in 21.2008. At 11 O Clock we were thar. The next day we got to deckrate the Chrismas tree it was cool and are casins were thar we had fun." (Okay, the spelling there was not so great, but she got the Tennessee accent right anyway--we definitely had fun "thar.")


Christmas dinner with the casins, I mean cousins.


Number One had a big accomplishment last weekend: she ran a 3K! She finished in 25 minutes, and was quite proud of herself.

For my birthday last weekend we tried a new pizza place near our house called Pizza Fusion. They have soy cheese, so it's our new favorite--plus their breadsticks are little bites of heaven.



With bellies full of pizza and root beer

More pictures are posted here: http://picasaweb.google.com/larfamily/Christmas2008#

And since I've started a new semester of school and work is still busy, expect Special to be taking over this blog completely any day now. In fact, let me see if she has anything else to add here:

"Jumpy is weird. He licks his but. He is only 4 years old. I am 7."

"What I lick is nobody's business but my own."

3 comments:

carlinbrooks said...

What Great pictures!! We sure do miss all of you. Maybe Special's crap shooting will pay off big time, you will become independantly wealthy, and fly up here anytime you like!

Love Pop & Baba

Anonymous said...

This post definitley put a smile on my face, LAR! :-)
So glad you all had a fun Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures! I love the elf...worth every penny!
You may have to show your new blog secretary how to use spell check, but the commentary is definitely "special". She seems to capture the spirit of the moment just fine.
I love the running pictures; how cool is that, stretching and the medal and the rosy cheeks.
Hope all are well.
I love you all,
Baba