My 'big' brother sent me an email with the following questionaire, and rather than forward it on to ten of my closest friends, I thought I'd post it here. By doing this, of course, I'm risking having a piano fall on my head or something equally dire, the fate of all those who break chain letters, but it's a chance I'm willing to take.
Of course, I'd love it if you would copy the list, paste in your own answers, and email it to me, or post it in your own blog! Tag, you're it.
So! Here it is, 36 things you may or may not know about me:
1. What is your occupation? project accountant for a marine contractor
2. What color are your kitchen walls? beige-y tan
3. What did you last watch on TV? a PBS special on Carol Burnett (what? I love her!)
4. What is the last thing that you ate? Jason's Deli baked potato
5. Can you drive a stick shift? I’ve never even tried
6. What Crayon color would you be? if you go by the color palette in my closet, either brown or black
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? my mother-in-law
8. Favorite Halloween costume ever? Cinderella (played by me) with her ugly step-sisters (played by Batman and a boy in the youth group)
9. How old are you today? 36
10. Favorite Halloween candy? Tootsie Rolls
11. What is your favorite board game? Monopoly, except I stink so bad that even Special can beat me
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? once; I really need to start doing it regularly (too many gray hairs to pluck) but am too cheap
13. Pets? a fat, lazy, mean cat named Jumpy
14. Favorite food? You mean besides all of it? anything chocolate
15. Last movie you watched? Little Miss Sunshine
16. Favorite Day of the year? Christmas
17. What do you recycle? glass, plastic, paper, metal
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? the Barbie head where you could style her hair
19. What is your favorite hobby? reading
20. First kiss and when? Richie Bostick when I was 16 and working at Arby’s (DORK!)
21. Cherry or Blueberry? If we’re talking pie, I’d rather have lemon, lime or chocolate; if we’re talking muffins, blueberry.
22. Did you go to the prom? Our school had a banquet and I went both years, once with a friend and once with a date; I went to the public school prom when I was a senior.
23. Last book you read? A Lifetime of Secrets, by Frank Warren (one of the PostSecret series); am currently in the middle of The Cigarette Century which I’m reading as research for a school paper
24. Next home remodeling project? new faucets for the master bath
25. When was the last time you cried? in church on Sunday
26. Favorite smell? bread baking
27. What inspires you? music
28. What are you afraid of? Being strangled--I can't stand for anyone's hands to come anywhere close to my neck. Interestingly, however, I love to wear turtlenecks.
29. Hamburger, cheeseburger or veggie burger? hamburger
30. Favorite car? my gas-guzzling Ford Explorer (the taupe one; we’ve had three)
31. Favorite dog breed? The kind that doesn’t bark, jump on people, or require being walked (am cat person)
32. Number of keys on your key ring? 3: my house, in-laws' house, and my car
33. How many years at your current job? almost 2
34. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
35. How many states have you lived in? 5 – Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida, & Texas
36. Favorite teacher of all time? Miss Joy, 2nd grade